I can see!

They call his name
and speak His fame
the Man called Jesus
the One they blame.

They said he took
God's name in vain
They thought he was
somehow insane.

"Kill the imposter! Crucify!"
up from the mob
there came the cry
"Save yourself! You need not die!"
others pled
as they stood by.

A drop of His blood
fell on my cheek
My heart was full
I could not speak

For it was I
whose sight he healed
as in the dirt
this great man kneeled

He cupped the soil
dug from the ground
while doubtful crowds
stood all around

and then He spat
and formed a paste
He made no sound
He had no haste

With gentle touch
my eyes did soothe
with this soft salve
so warm, so smooth.

"To the pool
of Siloam go"
His tone was tender
steady, slow.

"Wash, and you
your sight will gain.
Wash until
no salve remains"


Straight away
to Siloam I went
and into the pool
where I was sent

I rushed to do
what I was told
in my excitement
I was bold

No fear no doubt
was in me now
I believed
don't ask me how

He didn't have
to say too much
I felt it
in his healing touch

And then the sun burst
from the sky
vivid colors
filled my eyes

Joy exploded
inside of me
"Glory Glory!
I can see!"

Now here He hangs
upon a cross
I sense the doom
I feel the loss

"The Son of man I am"
He'd said
but now the blood
drips from his head

And from His side
He bleeds profuse
a dead Messiah
is of no use

On my cheek
I touched that place
How like the salve
upon my face

The salve He made
to set me free
from blindness that
imprisoned me

His warm blood
upon my cheek
told me what
He couldn't speak

"My blood is the salve
I freely give
By my death
shall all men live"

And as I gazed
upon that face
full of sorrow
full of grace

I understood
what it all meant
why the Son of man
was sent

Far more than
the sight he gave
Far beyond
his stony grave

By this sacrifice
of blood
He in my place
has stood

His eternal life
is mine
For as Son of God
He is Divine

Only a perfect
sacrifice
Only pure blood
would suffice

With salve He made
my blind eyes see
By blood
I gained eternity

No comments: